- The HA is paying for all costs associated with the move, including movers. I have never had movers help before. This will be delightful.
- The HA will help us find a place to go. Extra eyes scouring the For Rent ads will be useful, and I am sure the HA has connections to local landlords.
- We can finally get out of the projects and not have to listen to "He-ey!" all day or threats of violence at 11:00 at night.
- Occupancy laws require them to find us at least a 4 bedroom dwelling, "even if that means we have to put you in a house." Oh, twist my arm.
- We can go anywhere within the HA's jurisdiction, which is a pretty generous area -- this entire county plus part of the neighboring county. I would like to get back to the towns near where we have family.
- Moving in March will allow me to still have a garden since I won't have put a lot of work into a garden just to leave it behind when we move.
- Did I mention we get movers for free?
I have five months to declutter. Five months to decide what we will keep and what will be gotten rid of. Even with movers helping (which would have been nice for either of the two moves we made while I was 7 months pregnant), I want to pack as little as possible. I have five months to imagine what our new place will be like. I have five months to mentally gear up for yet another move. I don't think I've ever had that long before.